Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Peak has so much potential if Intel will only listen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Peak has so much potential if Intel will only listen.

I am praying Intel will listen to us that want power along side the fiber. If they adopt the voltage of POE they could go the same distance that POE does with fiber. Also the connector needs to latch in so it won't be accidentally knocked out but hopefully not with tabs that rj45 heads have these break too easily when pulling the cables in and out of cable management and the boots to stop that are a pain. These are some lessons for Intel to learn from, lets hope the engineers at intel really do learn from them, keep your fingers crossed. Light Peak looks like it may replace SATA, SAS, all non powered wired ethernet even if they don't incorporate the power. If they do include power it could replace just about everything from USB to keyboard and mice connections to monitor cables and all. If it could supply enough power to power a monitor as well; oh man that just makes my mouth water. Think of how many less cables we would need. One cable to rule them all. We might even be able to daisy chain connections. This will be so awesome I can't wait.

Re: Light Peak has so much potential if Intel will only listen.

Very interesting Stuff, Jeff

But isn't Intel considering adding a copper wire for power?
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10360047-264.html

Cheers!
    Leo

Comment

Working...
    X