Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to open a link in a new tab in the same window on a particular desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to open a link in a new tab in the same window on a particular desktop?

Here's my situation:
    I have confined Konqueror to open only in one virtual desktop (Desktop 1), and I always have it open.

Is there any way that I can make links/webpages open in a new tab in that already opened Konqueror window on Desktop 1, even if I'm on a different desktop?

For example, I open KMail in desktop 3, and click on a link. The link opens up in Desktop 1, but opens up a new Konqueror window.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Jucato's Data Core

Re: How to open a link in a new tab in the same window on a particular desktop?

Hye, I've the same problem.

Perhaps a bug ? Or a hidden configuration ?

Comment

Perhaps a little anwser.
      I was looking on my /home/yannux/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc file.
      Inside there was a line
      AlwaysTabbedMode=false

So I change to true, and restart KDE.
      Any change, but now this line isn't in the file :s

Comment

I tried that, too. But that line disappears every time I restart KDE. strange...
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

that is because of kubuntu-default-settings, probably. This is a set of KDE defaults that are found in /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings
          look in /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config and try editing konquerorrc there to see if the change sticks

You may want to file a bug, because I think that changes in ~/kde/share/config should override any changes made elsewhere

Comment

You may want to file a bug, because I think that changes in ~/kde/share/config should override any changes made elsewhere
            I thought so too. That's why I didn't bother looking into the kubuntu-default folder. I'll try editing that. But if it doesn't work, then maybe it really doesn't work...
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I've just looking.
              On /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/konquerorrc there is AlwaysTabbedMode=true

Other issue for you ?

Comment

Checked the kubuntu-default-settings, also saw that AlwaysTabbedMode=true, so I guess there really isn't a way to do what I wanted.

Thanks for trying guys!

Jucato's Data Core

Comment

so why not report a bug or wishlist ?

Comment

I might. I'm just waiting for any response from the seemingly dormant/dead KDE-Forum. If I don't get any, I'll report it. Just want to make sure that I've exhausted all means.

... That, and I'm still trying to figure out how to report a bug/wish.
                    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

oki

Comment

Working...
                      X