This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 2.1.1 and Album Covers

I'm running Amarok 2.1.1 under KDE 4.3.1. I've set my Sansa e280 mp3 player to MTP mode. I have mtpfs installed. I connect my mp3 and start up Amarok. The Sansa e280 shows up under the Collection tab. I double-click to load the playlist. All is good. Random track play works (listening to it now). But the album art that is in the Sansa player isn't being 'seen' in Amarok.

How does one get Amarok 2.1.1 to see and use the album art that is present in the actual mp3 player?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Amarok 2.1.1 and Album Covers

But the album art that is in the Sansa player isn't being 'seen' in Amarok.
    Is the cover art embedded to the mp3 ?

If yes

> Bug 176402: Embedded id3v2 cover art not displayed:
    Comment #16 From Myriam Schweingruber 2009-08-25 17:55:52

Setting as a wish, as this is a missing feature, not a bug.

How does one get Amarok 2.1.1 to see and use the album art that is present in the actual mp3 player?
    A tool: kid3
    KDE MP3 ID3 tag editor
    The Kid3 has an option to export the cover art from the sound (mp3) file. You could then link , with the Amarok, (Set custom cover-action) this picture back to the mp3 file.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Why does KDE say that this works: Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 "Crystal Clear" released The images they include show album art being displayed.

Comment

Why does KDE say that this works: Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 "Crystal Clear" released The images they include show album art being displayed.
        With the Amarok 2.1.1 > Topic: amarok stopped fetching covers

The Amarok 2.2 beta 1 (2.1.80) is using the Last.FM instead of the Amazon so the Cover Manager action Fetch Cover is working (at the moment ).
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Okay, thanks Rog131. It's to bad that Amarok won't/can't pickup the album art that is already associated with the collection stored on the mp3 player.

Comment

Working...
          X