This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: Uploading An Avatar.

How do I upload a pic to use as my avatar?

I Browse --> select the desired file --> click "Change Profile" and get: "Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow." The thing is only 2.3Kb! How small does it have to be
    If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Re: I have no clue where to put this but, Re: Profile:

What image format is it, and what are the dimensions?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It's a jpeg 55x55
      If you think that by threatening me you can get me to do what you want... Well, that's where you're right. But - and I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Comment

In an image editor, save the file as a .png and then try to upload again. I don't remember for sure, but I think that only .gif or .png images are accepted for avatars.

Comment

Interesting avatar!

Comment

Thanx. I had a png of the same logo - slightly larger - and tried that instead. It worked.

Comment

May I suggest that you return to your first post, click the modify button, and change the subject to:
              SOLVED - Howto upload an avatar image

The subject will be more meaningful for others who may have problems uploading an avatar image.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                Interesting avatar!
                Thanks.

I was a hacker before anyone knew(or thought they knew) what it was. I got my first soldering iron burn at 5 years old. I have never cracked a computer that wasn't my own or without an explicit request from its owner. E.S. Raymond's logo represents the ethical hacker. The old-school hacker - dating back to before the computer itself. A concept I heartily embrace and promote, since I was one before I knew what it was called.

I left it for a while, but I'm getting near to my old levels.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: Uploading An Avatar.

That's cool. Most (today) probably don't know that 'hacking' is a process of 'understanding' how things work, and in the processes, discovering how (and why) certain things don't work. Hackers provide valuable insight to systems integrity, design, and vulnerabilities. Even those today who hack 'unethically' serve this purpose, even if they are doing it for purely selfish reasons.

Comment

Working...
                  X