• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUPS 1.4.0 out with new look/feel!

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/whatsnew.html

Should be nice, I would think.

Re: CUPS 1.4.0 out with new look/feel!

The last "apt-get dist-upgrade" included the new CUPS. If you have CUPS already installed then
    opening "http://localhost:631" in your browser will bring you the new CUPS.

It is nice, but blue text on a white background is a little too starke for me. I liked the old color scheme.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      ...It is nice, but blue text on a white background is a little too starke for me. I liked the old color scheme.
      Screenshot? I need to be able to sleep tonight, you know!

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
        ...It is nice, but blue text on a white background is a little too starke for me. I liked the old color scheme.
        Screenshot? I need to be able to sleep tonight, you know!
        My pleasure!
        Attached Files
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Thanks!

Dang, that is bland. :P

Also, what were they thinking, moving the "fake" tabs up that close to the real browser tabs?!?

Comment

The last "apt-get dist-upgrade" included the new CUPS. If you have CUPS already installed then
            opening "http://localhost:631" in your browser will bring you the new CUPS.

It is nice, but blue text on a white background is a little too starke for me. I liked the old color scheme.
            I'll say! I just tried that link and since I still have 1.3.7 on my system, the difference is shocking. My screen is warm and friendly whereas the new one shown in your screenshot (thanks) is really hard to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by kjjjjshab
              Thanks!

Dang, that is bland. :P

Also, what were they thinking, moving the "fake" tabs up that close to the real browser tabs?!?
              "Thinking"?

Lucky they didn't color them gray.... oh! Never mind.

Comment

Hmmm... the word "Linux" no longer appears...

1.3.9:

"CUPS provides a portable printing layer for UNIX®-based operating systems. It is developed and maintained by Apple Inc. to promote a standard printing solution. CUPS is the standard printing system used on MacOS® X and most Linux® distributions."

Although, to be fair, I do like "UNIX-like" much better than "UNIX-based".

Dang it, I thought I said I was going to bed, not re-reading the new CUPS Home page for the tenth time.

Comment

Working...
                X