This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Web browser you're using in KDE...

Probably because what may be your own personal preference would not be the preference of someone else, who would probably be asking the same question if your preference (actually, our preference, since I use that setting, too) were made the be default.

IIRC Firefox doesn't also default to opening new windows in new tabs. And in some cases, don't even open them in new tabs even if you set it to that (usually when Javascript is involved).
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I'm not saying that I want to impose my preferences over the rest of firefox users.

The reason I think it's a poor decision for defaults is this:
      Imagine someone that wants to migrate from IE to FF because they heard about the MDI multi tabs and extensions. (I believe many people including me hate the fact that they need another browser window just to see another site). Now, if that person doesn't know much about computers and software settings (which is the case in windows ) opens up FF, stumbles upon a target="_BLANK" link and the browser opens up another window, wouldn't they be thinking: "isn't this why I abandond IE?". I'd say this would alienate some people.

When I first saw this I thought to myself...this won't do for me and didn't bother to check the settings. Then again, when FF came out for the first time I was allready using opera and I didn't actually want to switch I just wanted to see what it could do.

Comment

Firefox and Opera. I still can't make up my mind, so I use both depending on which way the wind's blowing.

Comment

No contest - Firefox......

Comment

I use Firefox because it's well supported, easy to use and i love it.

Comment

Working...
            X