This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Web browser you're using in KDE...

Mozilla. Same compatibility as Firefox, more features.

Comment

Hi all,
      I use mainly

Firefox (a little slow on start...)
      and
      Flock http://www.flock.com/developer/ interesting new tiny browser based on Firefox

ciao
      -------------<br />dentaku65<br />http://yep.it

Comment

What browser?
        Well I'm on my way to find out - and so far the choice is between Konqueror and Firefox. On WinXP the choice is Firefox, and it works great there. On Linux (Kubuntu) I find a lot of html reading bugs in Firefox, some get's fixed - but I'm rather surprised over that Firefox is not up to W3 standard on Linux.
        Here Konqueror is far superior, but there are some plugins in Firefox that I got addicted to (as sessionsaver).
        So on one side I hope Firefox get it's html reading bugs fixed - and on the other side I hope Konqueror could use more of mozilla/firefox plugins - LOL

Comment

I am using Konqueror because it's fast, but often its behavior isnt stable.

Sometimes launched as web browser it has toolbar icons of the filemanager profile and sometimes launched as filemanager it has toolbar icons of the webbrowsing profile.
          It's annoying because restarting it doesnt resolve the problem and I have to log out. I am trying to customize the toolbars and their complexity makes me sick...

I was using Firefox before and maybe I' ll turn back to it. I am really searching a good browser at this moment, that is fast and with many features...

Comment

After the latest updates konqueror is rendering some sites better now. Before those sites where not usable even with the browserindification.

Flock looks nice, but it looks abit like IE7, but a bit better .

Comment

@awakatanka: the future might be looking a bit brighter for Konqueror, at least where KHTML and KJS are concerned. Work is now being done to somehow bridge the gap between KHTML and WebKit, Apple's fork of KHTML.

http://dot.kde.org/1152645965/

I'm excited by this, and hope they can release results or even a beta real soon. Konqueror is my favorite browser, and I can't wait for it to get as good as the Fox in rendering pages.
              Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
                @awakatanka: the future might be looking a bit brighter for Konqueror, at least where KHTML and KJS are concerned. Work is now being done to somehow bridge the gap between KHTML and WebKit, Apple's fork of KHTML.

http://dot.kde.org/1152645965/

I'm excited by this, and hope they can release results or even a beta real soon. Konqueror is my favorite browser, and I can't wait for it to get as good as the Fox in rendering pages.
                I realy like konqueror now after a adapt periode, i only use another browser if it renders wrong. And the future looks very good, They doing some good work at KDE.

Comment

Firefox mainly, konqueror for 'non trusted' stuff (more and more unfortunately, block all cookies, I said ALL, plus the kmplayer plugin is sweet), and mozilla for flash (32bit, can't run both FF at the same time)

Comment

I'm a die-hard Flock-ster it seems. I tried going back to the Firefox I used to love, but I couldn't. I just can't leave behind the del.icio.us integration that Flock uses for it's bookmarks. I share my bookmarks between work and home seamlessly. And yes, I did try the del.icio.us extensions for Firefox, and it just isn't the same. It's really the only killer feature for me. I don't much/ever use the other stuff like built-in blogging/Flickr ... and while the shelf (or Snippets as they call 'em now) is cool, and I use it now and then, it's not a must-have for me either.

Might try the FF2 beta one of these days just to see what's different.

Comment

Konqueror has a del.icio.us feature as well, AFAIK. Just thought you'd like to know that.
                      Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I use Firefox.
                        The plug-ins are great.
                        Also it allows me to use the same browser at work (on Windows) and the same plug-ins.
                        Plus, it's easy to sync my Bookmarks between work and home.

Plus, Firefox + NOIA theme is the best eye-candy browser in my opinion.
                        &quot;Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don&#039;t add up.&quot;&nbsp; James Magary

Comment

Originally posted by nileviking
                          I'm rather surprised over that Firefox is not up to W3 standard on Linux.
                          It's not up to w3/acid2 standards. period. only Opera 9 and alpha Safari builds are AFAIK

I admire the konqy devs because it seems they're trying hard to support all the newest things like CSS3 and I read somewhere making it ACID 2 compliant
                          <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

opera 9 seems to be complaint (though I found some bugs)

Still Opera is THE browser for me, especially now that it's free. (very good on the device side too)

I tried netscape, but it was a memory hog. I tried Firefox (people say it has leaks too but apart from a reeeealy slow start it's ok). The only thing that bothers me, and bothers me bad is how can you call a browser multi tabbed when a click on a link with target="_blank" will open a new window and not a new tab? Try it. What's the point of migrating from IE when FF does stuff like this? Can someone explain this to me?

Comment

@DragoshDX:
                              FIrefox > Edit > Preferences > Tabs > enable A new tab in the most recent window
                              Firefox > Edit > Preferences > Tabs > check Force links that open new windows to open in > enable A new tab
                              Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

K, thanks, it's ok now.

But I still question the decision of not making this a default setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X