Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I chose Kubuntu because of Kolourpaint... I cant find it where do I download it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose Kubuntu because of Kolourpaint... I cant find it where do I download it?

I chose Kubuntu over the other Ubuntus because my friend said it CAME with a program like ms paint but way better: Kolourpaint... But I can't seem to find it could somebody please tell me where it is or where to download it?

Re: I chose Kubuntu because of Kolourpaint... I cant find it where do I download it?

Hi there,

Go to the K-menu at the bottom-left and select Applications > System > Software management. In the program that loads up, enter 'Kolourpaint' in the search box - this will show you that kolourpaint available for installation. Then just click the big plus-sign next to Kolourpaint, press 'Apply' and the program will be installed. You can find it under the K-menu thereafter.

Hope that works for you.

Comment

Re: I chose Kubuntu because of Kolourpaint... I cant find it where do I download it?

Originally posted by olembe
      Hi there,

Go to the K-menu at the bottom-left and select Applications > System > Software management. In the program that loads up, enter 'Kolourpaint' in the search box - this will show you that kolourpaint available for installation. Then just click the big plus-sign next to Kolourpaint, press 'Apply' and the program will be installed. You can find it under the K-menu thereafter.

Hope that works for you.
      Sorry but it didn't work... nothing came up when I typed: "kolourpaint" without the quotes of course... Do you have a direct link or website?

Comment

I don't know what version you have... But connect to the interent, open a Terminal and issue the command:
        sudo apt-get install kolourpaint4
        ...I assume you have KDE4
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

i did that then it said

E: Couldn't find package Kolourpaint4

Comment

I believe it is case sensitive
            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by jmann96
              Sorry but it didn't work... nothing came up when I typed: "kolourpaint" without the quotes of course... Do you have a direct link or website?
              Strange - it works fine for me. Are you using Kubuntu version 9.04, or an earlier version. And, as with the command-line approach above, this is case-sensitive. If you follow the steps I described above and type in just 'kolour' (without the quotes, all in lower-case) it should find it - or at least it does on my standard install of Kubuntu 9.04! (You're not typing 'kolor' are you?)

Comment

A mystery? Try getting it from here: http://linuxappfinder.com/package/kolourpaint
                "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
                  A mystery? Try getting it from here: http://linuxappfinder.com/package/kolourpaint
                  A possibility yes, but since it's available from the repos, it's better to figure out why it isn't installing (if it's a repo problem the OP will likely have troubles with other packages as well).

1. make sure your package lists are up to date:
                  Code:
                  sudo apt-get update
                  (post any errors you might get)
                  2. install:
                  Code:
                  (as already mentioned, linux is case sensitive, so keep 'kolourpaint4' lowercase)

Comment

great advice - did a search and followed your info works a treat great easy to use paint package just as required

Comment

Working...
                    X