Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] kmail and IMAP: can it check only inbox?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] kmail and IMAP: can it check only inbox?

I am trying kmail and rather like it. Just one odd quirk. I have an IMAP account with quite a lot of folders for organizing my mail. When kmail checks for new mail it does so for all the folders, which takes quite a long time. I'd like it just to check the inbox when it looks for new mail, but can't work out how to make it do this. Can I control this somehow?

Re: kmail and IMAP: can it check only inbox?

You can, folder by folder, unsubscribe to the others... just right-click on the folder and look in the options. Subscription... BUT this makes it not show up period... better for spam folders, etc. that you don't ever look at.

Right-click, Properties... and you can tell it to not include in checks for new mail... probably closer to what you want.

I'm still pretty new to KMail with IMAP... so I am unaware if either of those two settings have a negative consequence... I haven't noticed any problems though.

Comment

Re: kmail and IMAP: can it check only inbox?

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed. I changed the properties of each folder so that only the Inbox is included in mail checks.

Comment

Working...
      X