This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 9.04 is just plain gorgeous!

I installed 9.04 as a dual boot with my Vista machine last night and I have to say it's just a beautiful OS!

I mean visually and functionally.
    I have a custom built PC and everything was detect and worked... EVERYTHING.. this is the first time, with any Linux distro, that this has ever happened on any PC I've tried them on.

Even the dual monitors with my Nvidia card works. That's never happened in any distro (for me) without some major tweaking.
    This time I just activated the Nvidia drivers, which installed the Nvidia control panel. I just ran that with sudo and was able to make all the changes and save them to the xorg.config.

A quick CTRL+ALT+Backspace (after I turned it on in the config file) and I was in business!

I do have a Canon MFP that I'm going to test tonight, but if that doesn't work I'm not too worried as I have an HP Laserjet 4050 that I know for SURE will work.

If it weren't for the wife I'd probably use Kubuntu as my primary OS, but can't do it as the WAF would fall through the floor..

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 is just plain gorgeous!

Wife Aggro Factor? :>

Just set up a virtual machine running XP, problem solved! Think of it as a gradual migration process. ;3
    KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 9.04 is just plain gorgeous!

In my case it's Wife Approval Factor.

Yeah.. the virtaul machine with Windows is a nice idea... but don't think it'd cut it in this case.
      Think I may buy a used laptop off of Craigslist to use as a Kubuntu machine.. it'd be safer... haha

Comment

Working...
      X