This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Linux/Windows/gaming

Is it possible to pick through the programming of Windows, find the bit that make games work with it, take that bit of code and use it in Linux somehow? Is that the way it even works, or is it just the whole thing that does it? Also if it is possible, is it considered backward engineering to do that?

Re: Question about Linux/Windows/gaming

I'm not sure what you mean, but you could take the source code from a game on Windoze and port it to another language (such as going from Direct 3D to OpenGL,) but this would likely take a VERY long time. You'd basically be re-writing the game. You may want to give Wine or Codeweavers a try if you're trying to run Windoze games.

As for Windoze itself...many programs are NOT open source that I know of, so getting the code itself might prove VERY difficult, if even possible.
    Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibi...pp_parent=4100

Comment

thanks, like i said, i have pretty much no idea what i'm talking about either.

Comment

Working...
        X