This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicken 2008 using Wine - installed and working

Hey -- I just got Quicken 2008 to install and work in Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2!!

Just thought I would share!!!

ironmantis7x

Re: Quicken 2008 using Wine - installed and working

did you have to do anything special? Does it still seem to be working well?
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Depending on what your needs are, I have a ppa archive for the Kmymoney2 home financial program.
      https://edge.launchpad.net/~claydoh/+archive/ppa
      My versions are from the latest codebase, and have ofx direct-download capabilities built-in (unlike the standard Ubuntu/Debian packages)
      Might be worth checking out

Comment

I'm using quicken 2002 with Wine - works fine here (although I've not done online banking with it and I don't get the cash register sound!).

I've been questioning for some time now whether to move to either Gnucash or KMymoney. I have several accounts of different types and standing orders. Any views on which would be better for the job? I have to add that a couple of months ago I did try to import a QIF file into Kmymoney and it didn't seem to work too well.

Comment

Hi All,

I've tried several vesions of KMyMoney (including Claydoh's ppa). On all of them the Help files are unavailable. The message says khelpcenter is not there; but it is. Is this a problem with KDE4.2 as I notice that KMyMoney is built for kde3.5.

Can the help files be activated somehow?

Comment

My perception is that if you are running any kde3 application in kde4, the help won't work.

Ian

Comment

this is wonderful news hopefully quickbooks will work w/ wine soon too.it aparently requires IE6 and don't reconize ie4linux as satisifying the requirement , no luck w/ the wine-gekko package either... or even better if ne one know a way for me to copy my company data to a format that i could use w/ kmymoney / lemon pos (we use qbpos too, so i think were stuck with it for the time being.)

Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

If my Google research is right, Quickbooks uses IIF format whilst Quicken uses QIF. Nice stitch up! I have seen loads of converters from QIF to IIF but none the other way around. What format(s) can quickbooks export in?

I suspect none. However if it can export to QIF then as I assume you're talking about a full-blown set of corporate accounts rather than home banking then I think you should be looking at gnucash, although if you can't export to some format other than IIF then I think you might be in for fun and games.

Just my 2 pence worth

Comment

if memory serves correctly it can't import much of ne thing other then iif files, will check @ work tomarrow

Comment

Is it a full-blown accounts package you are after?

Comment

well i would like to have qb 2008 and qb point of sale perhaps replaced by something more linux friendly. the hurdle so far is getting the data out

Comment

I suppose that's the whole point of having no export options - you have to do it all manually which makes it a very, very, big job so the incentive is not to move.

I'll keep my ear to the ground and if I hear anything of use to you I'll let you know.

Comment

sweet thanks ...

Comment

Working...
                          X