This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belkin USB Network Adapter

I keep making this problem i have worse and worse for myself. I've followed several sets of instruction on how to get this Belkin USB Network Adapter to work, with no success, and it seems as though every time I try to get it to work, I only screw it up more. My first attempt was just plugging the thing into my computer, and playing around with the network settings, at that point my computer at least recognized the device. Then after struggling with that for a while I tried searching the forums. My second attempt was to follow the instructions given on this thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=709260

the first reply was what I was following, I did the following steps.

"sudo modprobe -r rt2500usb"
    "sudo modprobe -r rt73usb"
    "sudo pico /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist" (added rt2500usb and rt73usb to the blacklist, saved and quit)

I continued by installing nsdiswrapper via the "Add/Remove programs manager"
    and loaded the drivers off the disk provided with the device. Once again, nothing worked.
    So, after all of that, I decided to try and re-add those two modules to modprobe, hoping that if I put things back in order the way they were before I did anything to them, that I would have a fresh start today, and try again, so to speak. So, I did the following

"sudo modprobe rt2500usb"
    "sudo modprobe rt73usb" (hoping that these commands would re-add the modules)

and edited my blacklist the way it was before I messed with it. So in theory my computer should have been back where it was before I did anything to it, I rebooted, and now It dose not even recognize the device at all in my network settings menu. :/

I'm sure some of you have dealt with this question before, and there may even be a thread out there relating to the subject, but I have searched and found nothing helpful to my situation. please help, any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Working...
X