This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep KDE4 as default, Put KDE 3.5 back for production ready environments

It's no too much to ask that people be allowed to transition from KDE3.5 to KDE 4 SLOWLY, even if at all. If KDE 3.* doesn't advance again, ever, then chances are keeping it around won't be that much work anyway.

Re: Keep KDE4 as default, Put KDE 3.5 back for production ready environments

Originally posted by coreyfro
    It's no too much to ask that people be allowed to transition from KDE3.5 to KDE 4 SLOWLY, even if at all. If KDE 3.* doesn't advance again, ever, then chances are keeping it around won't be that much work anyway.
    So where exactly is it going? If you want to keep then what's the problem?

Comment

Yep, Im done with KDE4. Plenty has been dumbed down just too much. Just tried bluetooth, that's the straw. I can't wait another couple of YEARS while it's finished.
      Just making my point. Thanks. Hooroo to kde4!

Comment

I'm not sure what kind of slow transition could be expected...its a completely different desktop. Do you need a tour guide to hold your hand? Maybe MS can send over their paperclip-guy to do it for you. This is Linux, and things change every day, so it shouldnt come as any big suprise to anyone ever. If you want the newest tech to use and test, stick around. If you want truely dumbed down crap that only comes out every few years so people can keep up, go to Windoze. Its been 3 years(?) since 3.5, how much longer could they possibly wait? Just like Win with 95 and and 98, they are both dead because they got old. I liked 3.5 myself, but its getting old and will soon be just as dead, so just accept it cuz KDE isnt going to wait for anyone's permission to move into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by maxie
          Yep, Im done with KDE4. Plenty has been dumbed down just too much. Just tried bluetooth, that's the straw. I can't wait another couple of YEARS while it's finished.
          Just making my point. Thanks. Hooroo to kde4!
          You only have to wait until the end of January when KDE 4.2 comes out.

Comment

Working...
          X