This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard drive mounting

Hi all, hope you all are enjoy the x-mas season as it approaches nearer. I have 4 hard drives in my desktop a 40, and three 250 gb. The 40 is where my kubuntu OS is on the rest are music, programs, and other data. When I start up my computer none of them are mounted automatically. I have to open up Dolphin and they all shows up on the left hand side. I have to click on each of them to mount them up. Which ever hard drive I click on first always ask for a password which is my user password. Is there a way to mount them without me doing this all the time, and also is there a way to rename the drives instead of having "No Name" or "Volume". Also could I assign a icon for it also. Thanks in advance

Re: Hard drive mounting

Yep.

The link on #15 here:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0

Comment

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but you could try this: (I think this is for KDE3, but there must be some way in KDE4 also)

Find your system settings, and then click on the "Advanced" tab. Then, go to disk & filesystems. Make sure you're in administrator mode. You will see all of your HDD (mounted and unmounted). Right-click on one (namely one that is not auto-mounting), and go to "modify." Make sure the "enable at startup," as well as the "writeable" boxes are checked. This should mount them automatically on boot. (Works for me, at least)

Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

Hey thanks for the help guys. Davido I tired your way and I don't see anything like what you said. I will try dibl later on thanks a lot though

Comment

Working...
        X