This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caller ID / Call Rejection software needed

Can anyone point me to software that is similar to Phonetray that I can run in 8.10 GUI mode? I hope I said that right...LOL
    Anyhow what I need is a program that will use a analog modem & software to show the phone calls coming in and allow me to put specific numbers on a blocked list so the modem hangs up on the caller when it sees the ID as a number I programed as SPAM. I definitely need this software to run graphical as I am a total Linux newbie and command lines are a nightmare for me at this point.

Thanks much,
    Mike

Re: Caller ID / Call Rejection software needed

I don't know of a program, but while using such a program in XP a couple of years ago, I had some problems with some kind of conflict while using a v92 modem on a line that also carries my DSL. Never did figure that one out.

Comment

Pleas post if you find software like this.

Comment

I sure will. I tried installing Phonetray in Wine but that didn't work. Here is the site for that software if anyone can figure it out http://www.phonetray.com/. I used the free version. I was nice when the phone rang as the software looked on my number list at the first ring and if the caller was what I determined as a Spammer, it hung up on them after this first ring. All others went through as normal. This software also works with a voice modem so you can leave the Spammers a special message before hanging up on them...LOL...

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Well maybe this info might help...
          I can install Phonetray in Wine and it looks like it is installing fine. It shows up in the Wine folder as it should. When I execute the exe file, a tiny window opens up with an exclamation mark in it and the OK button in the center, nothing else. Maybe it is just a matter of finding the Windoze DLL? Anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm gonna see if there is a install log txt file or something to give me a clue what is missing or? I have had lots of Windoze Amateur Radio programs install with complaints but run perfect in Wine so I feel Phonetray can run also with some tinkering...LOL

Mike

Comment

I have found Windows apps run much better in wine following copying the windows system32 dlls into the system 32 folder in the .wine directory in home. Qucken 2002 certainly did. That might help?

Comment

For additional linux/kde apps it is always worth checking www.kde-apps.org
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thank you guys. I will copy those DLL's and also look at that other software source. I have a feeling the DLL files might get the program running.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X