X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package lists

Ubuntu Packages Search
    This site provides you with information about all the packages available in the Ubuntu Package archive.

Click on your version or do individual searches. Includes Jaunty as well.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Package lists

Yes, I've been looking at that but found to be lacking if you have any other repos than main, multiverse, restricted and universe enabled. Take UCK:

Code:
    ingo@dicker:~$ apt-cache search uck|grep CD
    uck - a tool that helps you customizing official Ubuntu Live CDs
    Now look for UCK using their package search - it is nowhere to be seen in any of the repos listed. I reckon I'll ask in the Ubuntu forum how to check which repo a package is in - there must be something for the command line.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
      ...how to check which repo a package is in - there must be something for the command line.
      Given that the package is installed, open a console and type:
      Code:
      aptitude show -v uck | grep Filename:

Comment

Hm:

ingo@dicker:~$ aptitude show -v uck
        Package: uck
        State: installed
        Automatically installed: no
        Version: 2.0.4
        Priority: optional
        Section: utils
        Maintainer: Fabrizio Balliano <fabrizio.balliano@crealabs.it>
        Uncompressed Size: 561k
        Architecture: all
        Compressed Size: 0
        Filename:
        MD5sum:
        Archive: now
        Depends: bash (>= 3.0), gfxboot, dialog | xdialog | zenity | kdebase-bin, mkisofs, squashfs-tools (>= 2.0),
        dpkg-dev, fakeroot
        Description: a tool that helps you customizing official Ubuntu Live CDs
        UCK is a tool that helps you customizing official Ubuntu Live CDs (including Kubuntu/Xubuntu and Edubuntu) to
        your needs. You can add any package to the live system, for example language packs, or applications.

Features:
        * Create bootable LiveCD with predefined languages based on original Ubuntu/Kubuntu live CD using wizard with
        GUI
        * Build live CD with special features using scripts. It is possible to customize root filesystem (for example
        install/remove packages), ISO contents (add/remove docs, change names) and initrd (add modules to boot,
        change boot sequence)

Homepage: http://uck.sourceforge.net/
        And the with the grep stuck on at the end the command spits out the homepage only. In other words: no info on the repository
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Well. Isn't that interesting.

Try the command (with the pipe to grep) on adept and you get:
          Filename: pool/main/a/adept/adept_3.0~beta4ubuntu5_i386.deb
          So apparently, not every packager (third-party?) includes this 'tag information' in their packages?

Comment

That is interesting indeed. Call it sloppy documentation, fringe stuff that doesn't know whether it makes it into the repo, whatever.

Good detective work, Mr. Threepipe!

And now for my bit of detective work - uck appears to be in none of the repos Makes me feel a bit of a twat, sorry about that...

Time to adjust the remastering how to but right now I'm off to watch footy in the pub

Comment

Working...
            X