This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch from Kubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10

This is going to sound very stupid of me. I have been using Windows for about 10 years now. I recently downloaded Kubuntu 8.04, because I had heard good things about Linux. I chose Kubuntu because my friend gave me false information and told me it was the only Linux OS you could boot from a disk to try. I have since downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 onto a disk, and have found it more suitable for me. I am dual booting Kubuntu with Vista, and I am wondering if there is a way to replace my Kubuntu with the new Ubuntu, while still keeping Vista. Thanks!

Re: Switch from Kubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10

Sure. Given that you already know how to install Linux (Kubuntu) with Vista in a dual-boot configuration, all you have to do is to boot the Ubuntu LiveCD and repeat the process. To ensure a 'clean' install of Ubuntu, format the root and home partitions so there is no vestige of Kubuntu left. If you have any doubt/hesitation, post your questions or course of action you are planning to take.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X