• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petz VB

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1492

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82082
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61008

I used to be a member of a site that had a system where you post post and earn forum cash (points, I think you can pick the name of the currency, example Ubuntu forums would use beans) and then there was a bank where you got interest.

The whole reason why you would want money is for your "Petz" you would buy food and items for them. Posting kept them alive. You could "play with" or "taunt" other people's pets (which means you would have to be liked on the forum so people don't taunt your pet).

I think it is very fun and perhaps I would like to make a forum and have it. As of now it seems like this can only be done on vBulletin and not free forum software like Phbb. If I would want to use this, would I have to buy vBulletin? Is there much support for this, or does it only work on old versions? Judging by the threads there, it seems like ages since anyone updated this...
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Petz VB

phpBB has cash and shop mods, they should do some of what you want.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

But could I still have the "Petz"
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think anyone's done such for phpBB, so you'd likely have to code it yourself. I don't know how easy/hard that would be.
        I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

As for codes I only know batch, basic HTML, BB Code and Wiki.

Comment

Of those only 'batch' (ie assume you mean DOS .bat files) is a real programming language.
            You should pick up a little php in the process of installing the mods

A quick google (phpbb pet mod) reveals that what you want may exist:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=154611

Comment

I was told not even batch is a programming language and was a script. I didn't say programming codes, I just said codes, so I included HTML, BB Code, and Wiki.

The links on that page to the download and test board are broken, so I do not know if I will be able to install it...

Comment

Scripting is a type of programming. Generally, scripts are interpreted - another program (the interpreter) reads the script line by line and does what it says.

And DOS batch scripting is a programming language. It has things like loops, jumps, and conditionals (if statements). It may not be a very GOOD one, but it is one.

HTML, BBCode, and Wiki Markup, however, are markup languages. They just describe the display of text.

Comment

http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/ezdloads.php

I may have found a working link there, but it says I am not authorized to download, probably need to have an account which I really hate doing (why type in my email adress and make a password, then a Captcha do get one thing)

Comment

I am making the forum soon and need all the help I can get.

Comment

Working...
                    X