This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krusader ftp doesn't preserve privileges

I use Krusader for synchronizing my desktop with some remote sites. Whenever I transfer a file, all its privileges are wiped out. Files are commonly set to 644, and using Krusader to copy them to or from the remote site always sets them to 000. Owner remains the same. I have to set them back manually (fortunately they can all be reset in one operation). I find it extremely convenient to use Krusader for ftp, since it's my file manager. So I hope there's some way to get it to preserve a file's privileges. I find nothing in the settings or the user guide to help with this.

Re: Krusader ftp doesn't preserve privileges

Have you considered using Konqueror?

I use that to upload files - a simple drag-and-drop, and i have never had a problem.... other than of my own making. :-X

Comment

Re: Krusader ftp doesn't preserve privileges

Originally posted by aged hippy
      Have you considered using Konqueror?

I use that to upload files - a simple drag-and-drop, and i have never had a problem.... other than of my own making. :-X
      I used Konqueror as my file manager for two years, as it was the default in Kubuntu back when I started. Since discovering Krusader, I generally avoid it, although hotplugged devices won't open automatically in Krusader, so I still deal with Konqueror occasionally. If it were merely a matter of getting ftp to work, I would stick with Filezilla, which has never given me a problem. I just would like to be able to manage my remote directories in my regular file manager. And I won't go back to Konqueror for that. So the options are, fix this problem in Krusader, or live with it.

Comment

Working...
      X