This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] KDE-Look

Is anyone else experiencing problems connecting to www.kde-look.org ? I've been receiving the An error occurred while loading http://www.kde-look.org:

Timeout on server
    Connection was to www.kde-look.org at port 80

for the last two days at least.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: KDE-Look

they seem to be going offline a lot lately.. This has happened too many times this month either it's a hardware/bandwidth issue or a DOS attack.

I'm guessing if it's a Bad DOS attack because one of two reasons (or more):

1. They hate kde-look and or the connected sites.
    2. Too many Windows Themes, etc.. on the site and this person and or persons hate those people because they hate windows.

I don't know tho, however they have been really silent on this issue unless I missed something.

edit: adding - the kubuntuforums site is also slow at times..
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Originally posted by nowshining
      I'm guessing if it's a Bad DOS attack because one of two reasons (or more):
      1. They hate kde-look and or the connected sites.
      2. Too many Windows Themes, etc.. on the site and this person and or persons hate those people because they hate windows
      or they really have poor bandwidth and the load on servers is "honest" interest increase?
      From PR standpoint it wouldn't make sense to hide DOS attack as growth in usage, well at least not to me.

Comment

And the answer has finally been posted by kde-look.org:

Because of the big stability and performance problems in the last weeks we are moving to a new server and a new provider
        We hope to have the data transfered and everything working in 4 to 6 hours.

We are very sorry for the problems in the past week.

The openDesktop.org Team
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X