• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which file browser?

hmmm not heard of krusader...hmm might have to do a bit of experimenting

I like the sound of it

I need to learn the ssh stuff first perhaps ...hmmm

Not helping with my pledge not to b****r about with hardy to much and just 'use' it!

Never meant it I guess
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

i liked dolphin more than any other file browser because it looks better,but it was too slow for a dependable file browser,untill i used konqueror,it's really good

Comment

I used Krusader even with Gnome when I first started in Linux. It was the reason I moved to Kubuntu because it works better under KDE. I do a lot of work on my desktop, and a good file manager really enhances my productivity. I use it routinely for ftp and across network shares. I also created custom User Actions which save a lot of mouse clicks.

I'm a huge fan of Total Commander on the Windows side, and Krusader it the closest to it under Linux. I've tried Konquerer and Dolphin, but they don't come close to Krusader's capabilities, customization, and ease of use.
        ROG STRIX Z370-E Motherboard, Intel i7 8700K (6 core/12 threads) 3.7 GHz overclocked to 5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3 GHz, Intel 2 TB SSD, NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Konqueror . Actually, Konqueror and Krusader both are great apps. They can keep Dolphin.

Comment

Dolphin is great, however, it lacks many features. I think it can replace Konqueror after 1 year. But not now.

Comment

Konquorer for file-viewing, ftp, and general use -- i wouldn't be without it now.

To log-in to my webspace and just drag-and-drop my latest efforts.... it's a piece of cake.

Comment

All file browsers have their pros and cons. As the needs of a Linux user develop, they will appreciate one browser more than another. Does one browser satisfy all users all of the time? Obviously not.

What a new linux user chooses today for a file browser, later they will move onto a browser with more capabilities. I used to use MC, then Konqueror, then Dolphin. Recently I've tried Krusader. What I do like about Linux is being able to choose: I can use MC or Dolphin or Konqueror or Krusader or I can even write my own and use that.

A variety of browsers will enable more people to feel comfortable with their needs. I don't think one browser, or editor or any other type of program will ever satisfy everyone. I'm all for having a range of browsers, from which I can choose to use today, tomorrow and the future.
                HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

A clearer statement could not (IMHO) have been said.
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by sabbathpriest
                    I am a non technical Linux user since 2006. I tried a couple of distros before settling with Kubuntu, and my main reason (All the other reasons had weight too, but this one was overriding) was Konqueror. I use it for file-web browsing and doc viewing. I would be orphaned if the KDE developers decide to REPLACE Konqueror with Dolphin.
                    Even if KDE Developers decide to replace Konqueror, you could always install it.. and remove dolphin if that twittles your cakes.

Personally, I like dolphin. I use yakuake-kde4, so any time I need a console, I just F12 it. I've never really been a big fan of Konqueror.

Comment

Originally posted by wastedfluid
                      Even if KDE Developers decide to replace Konqueror, you could always install it.. and remove dolphin if that twittles your cakes.
                      Doesn't konqueror in kde4 just use a dolphin plugin when used as a file manger? So even if you use konq you just get dolphin in a slightly different wrapper.

Comment

Use krusader on my normal desktop. PCManFM for lightweight systems and lots of features.

Comment

I prefer Dolphin because its "version" of split view seems to be the most functional for me.

Comment

I use Dolphin and have no real need for anything more. OK sometimes I use Konqueror, but more from "boredom" than that I would actually need it.
                            I&#39;m magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Working...
                            X