This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRUB Menu - screen capture?

I know how to take a screenshot of the KDM login screen. How do you take a screenshot of the GRUB boot screen? I know it's possible, as there are plenty of images on the 'Net showing them.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: GRUB Menu - screen capture?

VMware Player?

Not very elegant, but that's how I'd approach the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Not very elegant, but ...
      Yeah, considered that. I'd like not to have to do that. I'm guessing there must be a way to accomplish this, as there are plenty of examples of grub screenshots on the Web. I've Googled quite a bit, but haven't found any posts describing how it's done.

Comment

This guy says up front that it's a PITA without a virtual machine (= dibl):

http://hacktivision.com/index.php/20...nd-imag?blog=2

You might post this question at the SGD forum, too.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Are/have you used KGRUBEditor (KDE 4) or QGRUBEditor (KDE 3.5.x)? It provides for previews, yes?

Comment

Working...
          X