This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony VAIO Laptop Display

I have Kubuntu installed on my Sony VAIO PCG-FRV25 laptop. One thing that had always bugged me is the backlight for the laptop display is by default in Kubuntu, set as null. A certain German diStribUtion which will remainS namEless, did a wonderful job of setting the brightness level at 8. It's amazing how much more distinct photos and backgrounds are with nice lighting. Captivating. So, I had to get Kubuntu to do that same. If you own a Sony VAIO PCG series, to change the default brightness for your panel backlight, type the following command

sudo kwrite /proc/acpi/sony/brightness

in the editor, enter a single number from 0 to 8. 0 is the null setting, no backlight, and 8 is the highest setting, crisp, clean and sharper graphics.

Save the document under it's current name and there you have it, instant change. To check out another setting, hit backspace and enter another. To activate the changes, save again. Enjoy your new found sunshine, and many happy times with Kubuntu!

Search Key : { PCG-FVR25 PCG-FRV PCG Sony VAIO Laptop Brightness Dim Setting Display Dark Bright sjog powersaverd }

Re: Sony VAIO Laptop Display

I'm just wondering whether that number persists if you turn off the machine and reboot? The files in /proc/ are usually pseudofiles that don't store anything. If not, we can probably come up with a way to do that automagically.

Comment

Working...
    X