This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridged ethernet port and VirtualBox

Long story short. In XP can bridge the VirtualBox ethernet port with XP host. XP host still can access internet, no problem. Followed VirtualBox manual for creating bridge in Linux. Worked great, except, Linux host can not access internet. Has anybody played with creating internal network bridges in Linux for VirtualBox that will allow not only the guest to work but also the host?

Re: Bridged ethernet port and VirtualBox

My VMWare Player 2 Win XP Guest has Internet access along with my HH Host OS. Then, I'm not familiar with VirtualBox. :P
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Actually if I use the NAT setting for the VirtualBox guest I have Internet. The Bridge actually allows the quest to appear as a separate system on my LAN and seeing all other systems attached to that LAN. Without the Bridge, the guest can't see the other LAN members. Can your VM guest see your other LAN members?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        Without the Bridge, the guest can't see the other LAN members. Can your VM guest see your other LAN members?
        Don't know (good question). The next time I boot into GG (where I'm running VMWare) I'll check.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X