This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-User Configuration

Would love a how to for setting up a second monitor (PCI), mouse (USB) and keyboard (USB). The goal is to allow a second user simultaneous use of the system. Also, Any chance this idea could work over ethernet? I want to run only one box. Anyone have some ideas or good pointers? I've not found anything that seems workable for a newb.

Thanks for your input.
    Kubuntu, I'm learning it, I'm loving it.

Multi-User Configuration

Would love a how to for setting up a second monitor (PCI), mouse (USB) and keyboard (USB). The goal is to allow a second user simultaneous use of the system. Also, Any chance this idea could work over ethernet? I want to run only one box. Anyone have some ideas or good pointers? I've not found anything that seems workable for a newb.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Re: Multi-User Configuration

You can certainly use more than one individual terminal logged in to your computer within a local area network, but if you want to use X, let alone KDE, you will need a bit more than just a keyboard, mouse and monitor. You won't need very much more, though, a box with 64 MB of ram and 100 MB drive will do. To find out how to do it, google for the Linux Terminal Server Project. Working over the internet is also quite common, but normally, individual computers log in to a remote server through a technique called VPN tunneling. This requires a little more computing power and networking knowledge than a simple ethernet lan.

Comment

Re: Multi-User Configuration

Askrieger,

Thanks for the input. Especially this tip: google for the Linux Terminal Server Project. My goal is only local lan at this time.

Comment

Working...
        X