This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with KVM

I didn't know where to post this so i posted it here.
    I wanted to install KVM on my computer but it says that i have to preform this command in Konsole:
    Code:
    egrep '^flags.*(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo
    But when I paste this in Konsole I don't get anything from this, this should mean that my computer is
    not good enough for virtual machine. But i already had virtual machine installed on my computer i had VMware on Windows XP and on WMvare i had windows 2000. I had trial version of VMware that didn't
    allow to install linux on it. And 2000 worked just fine i had really almost no problems, and I manly used it to play Need for Speed hot pursuit 2 on it. And back then I had only 512MB of RAM now I have 2GB.
    it's just wierd.
    A bit Off topic: I asked some questions regarding Wine on WineHQ forum and there they told me that my
    computer is too old and disaster waiting to happen. I have 3000+ AMD Sempron with 2GB RAM, 80GB disk and 160 GB disk, Nvidia 6600 and Nforce motherboard. My computer is about 3-4 years old and my main disk is around 8 years old. (That's because it was meant to be slave but i guess i connected it wrong so now it's master)
    Should i change to Xbuntu because my computer is so old?
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: Problems with KVM

I don't know anything about KVM, but that computer should be able to take about anything you can throw at it. I'm running heavy duty programs and Kubuntu on machines with a lot less specs than yours with no problems.

Comment

Re: Problems with KVM

first i know virtually nothing about KVM so take this with a grain of salt. your machine specs should be fine. iv'e run Linux distros on a Plll before.

what caught my eye was the 8 y/o HDD. does your BIOS see it correctly or are you using an overlay program? if so that may be something to check on since it's the master drive.

Comment

Working...
      X