X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean Install Nervousness

Hey, kids...

So after using Ubuntu full-time since Dapper, I only recently installed the kubuntu desktop to see what's what. Long story short, I'm in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with it. In fact, once Hardy is released, I think I'm going to do a clean install of Kubuntu and Kubuntu alone. I don't think I'm using a single Gnome-y application anymore.

EXCEPT...I'm worried that everything's that's working for me now - MP3's, wireless, printing, and so forth - will break if I do a happy clean install. Will someone reassure me that if Kubuntu's working for me now, a new, improved version on a clean partition will probably work for me, too?

Anyone?

Re: Clean Install Nervousness

I will reassure you that if it all works now you will be able to make it all work after the clean install (but its not really possible to say it will all work without some tweaking).
    Otherwise it is perfectly possible to uninstall all of the gnome packages which should have the same end effect.

Welcome to the K Side.

Comment

Re: Clean Install Nervousness

All things considered, that's good enough for me, I guess.

Removing the gnome packages and just updating to Hardy when the time comes is very tempting, but I figure (a) it's been two years since I had a clean install, and (b) I set up these partitions for a reason, so I might as well suck it up and start from scratch.

Comment

Working...
      X