This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept installer

i'm having trouble with Adept Installer on Gutsy 7.10,how do i fix it?

Re: adept installer

I'm a Buckeye -- I could never pass up an opportunity to help a Wolverine!

For starters, open your Konsole and enter
    Code:
    kdesu /usr/bin/adept_manager
    and tell us about any errors that you observe.

Comment

one more thing......how do i set the clock to run at 12 hour instead of 24 hour?

Comment

Is that 7.10?

I'm running 8.04 , and I'm not sure how to change mine either LOL.

OK, try Alt-F2 "kcontrol" without the quote marks. In Kcontrol click "System Administration" then "Date and Time". If you click the Administator button, you might be able to fiddle the format.

Comment

how do i get 8.04?

Comment

Right-click on the clock and select Date & Time Format ... then click on the Time & Dates tab. Click the Time format: drop-down arrow and select PH:MM:SS AMPM
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yep, that's it -- thanks Snowhog!

I just figured out that in 8.04, I think I would simply delete the digital clock "widget" and install the analog clock "widget" instead, if I wanted to see the time that way. You can't change the format the same way that you can in 7.10.

@wolverine, Kubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" is released as a Beta version -- final release is in late April. But I've been running it for about 5 weeks now, and it's really pretty solid. Matter of fact, in order to raise the drama level I immediately installed KDE4 and Firefox 3. But it's actually been rather drama-free for some weeks now. I noticed that after running for 4 days, the "plasma" workspace manager was using more CPU time that it should, so I rebooted it last night and it's been back to normal since then.

You can make a Live or Alternate Install 8.04 CD from an ISO image:

http://www.kubuntu.org/

Hit the "download" link on the 8.04 Beta announcement, and find the ISO image of your choice. Burn it slow -- 4X.

Comment

Working...
              X