This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't change password

Why is it that kubuntu won't let me change a password.  I Just installed kubuntu the other day and created a user account for my wife.  When she first logged in, kubuntu asked her to change her password.  She did, but likes her old one that she has used forever.  So I try to change it for her.  I found in /systemsettings/user account the place to do it, only it would not let me because the new password is too "similar" to the old one.  Ok, so I try to use a dis-similar password and kubuntu says it is too simple.  So now  I'm saying to myself, what the heck is up with that!  Then I try
    $sudo psswd (username)
    in konsole and it asks for new password which I type in and even that won't work.  Why does Kubuntu have more power than the su!?

any suggestions?
    Charlie
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Re: can't change password

First sudo asks for YOUR password. Then passwd tells you to enter the new password for the user whose password you are changing.

BTW, it's not hard to make a strong password just a non-alphabetic character and a number somewhere in the password. Check out my blog on this site.

Comment

Change it to a strong password that is much different, and then change it back to the one your wife wants to use.

Comment

and by the way its sudo passwd USERNAME

Comment

Working...
        X