This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashing bios in kubuntu

built my 1st computer (pentium 4) tried kubuntu (1st time also) can I flash the bios, make a bootable disk, etc. as with the "other" OS, that I am more familiar with?

Re: flashing bios in kubuntu

Flash BIOS -- that's a problem, unless you bought an Intel motherboard -- they're the only ones that I know of that release a flash executable file for Linux. So, keep that old Win 98 bootable diskette around.

Make a bootable diskette? -- Mr. Google will show you multiple ways, but not Kubuntu Linux, I'm afraid. Super Grub Disk(ette) is not a bad idea, for general purpose (Save Me!) uses. Truth be told, you can just about see the end of the diskette drive from here -- probably Live CDs are all we'll really want in the future. Of course, if the old CD ROM drive breaks ....... :P

Seriously, your *buntu Live CD, or a Knoppix Live CD, are pretty much all you need for general purpose recovery.

Comment

Re: flashing bios in kubuntu

Mr dibl

thanks for your response. I suspected , that was the case in that, unbantu would boot the system. The mob that I used and the bios are flashable. I just wanted to be able to back up the old bios if the flash didn't work.

thanks again
      kafton

Comment

Working...
      X