This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Posts = "leet"

Why does my number of posts read as "leet"??

Edit: Odd enough, as soon as I posted this it read 1338. So what happened to 1337?

Re: Number of Posts = "leet"

Hmm: leet (pronounced phonetically: el-eet [elite]), so I guess that for a moment, you were an elite poster!
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Man! I wish that were true!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        Why does my number of posts read as "leet"??
        Edit: Odd enough, as soon as I posted this it read 1338. So what happened to 1337?
        Not sure if you got this from the above post, but 1337 is "1337 5?33|{"* (leet speak, pfft.) for leet which in turn means elite. It's like script-kiddie hacker talk. Please see here for instructions. Heh

(*) Yes, I had to look that up.

Comment

I've been around a long time in this world of Computers/Programming/Surfing and that one is new to me. Evidently I don't pay attention much to stuff like that. I kind of feel foolish now! Well, as I've said I have learned far more since moving to Kubuntu instead of my protective M$ bubble. I'm glad I popped that!

Comment

New one on me, too, MoonRise. What's interesting, though, is that the programming (on this web page) picked up the numerical coding and displayed it as "leet."
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

You are around the same number as me. Did it happen to you as well? Based on what I read on Wikipedia, I'm sure that it is is left there as some kind of tribute or something. It could also have to do with how the browser displays it as well.

Comment

I didn't notice it on mine BUT I never look at that number (except to see if I'm up with you ). Too bad, that would be interesting now that we know about this.
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

We've must hit a milestone with the others!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                    We've must hit a milestone with the others!!
                    Yeah, I think it's called "candidate for serious study" by your local psychiatric institute!

Comment

Oh! I probably needed that way before this mark. I guess it's now official!

Comment

If we are going to study something, it should be What's at the end of your hard drive? That's paranoid enough to qualify for dibl's psych. criterion.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike

What's at the end of your hard drive?
                          A nut job typing on a plastic keyboard?

Comment

This all is starting to sound like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X