This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Video card / TV

I'm interested in moving away from windows but having a hard time. I boot to the live cd and i get the options listed, i choose to start kubuntu i see the progress bar. once that fills up, no signal. I'm using a vga cable to my 44in DLP TV. this works fine with windows, i've actually have a video card with HDMI out that was also working fine with winxp. Any Idea's ive restarted kubuntu many times changing the res to 1024x768 or 800x600 or 640x480 nothing seems to work.

any suggestions will be welcome

Re: Help, want to move to linux but can't

I am no expert on this but my guess would that the xorg.config cannot "read" your TV / Monitor / video card setup.

Try booting with a normal monitor.

Also post some more specs of your system, especially your video card.

I would also suggest changing the title so that it reflects the video card / TV / Monitor setup.

That might help the experts see your post and be able to give you qualified assistance.

Good luck and sorry I can't help you more
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: Help, Video card / TV

thanks, i am able to hook up to a normal crt and live cd runs fine. i will be replying later with more of my specs including vid card.

thanks again

Comment

Re: Help, Video card / TV

the video card in use is

VisionTek 900174 Radeon HD 2400PRO 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

i am initially going thru the vga just to get started but would like to use the HDMI as i do with windoze.

I have looked into a few more options and wonder if adjusting the refresh rate, will help the display when it goes from splash screen to desktop.

Comment

Working...
        X