Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

embedded DIVX display issue (using MPlayer)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embedded DIVX display issue (using MPlayer)

Ok, so I read through the various HOW-TOs on this forum and the ubuntu forum on how to setup MPlayer to play iembedded DIVX movie files from websites like Stage6.com, and was successful in this endeavor (I'm using KDE 4.0.1).

However, I am running into a weird issue wherein a "invisible box" blocks half of my screen whenever MPlayer starts playing an embedded DIVX file. After I navigate to another page (any page not containing an embedded DIVX file) the "invisible box" disappears, only to reappear again if I navigate back to the page where the DIVX is embedded.

I've attached a screenshot to clarify.
    Note: The screenshot does not show the video that was playing when I captured the screen, instead showing a black box. The white portion is what was being covered up by the "invisible box" along with the top left portion of the screen that is covered with the shadow effect I have enabled for Kwin (the window manager).

Any help in resolving this annoying issue would be great.

UPDATE:

So I've tried many variations with the MPlayer video output settings and system settings in general and the best I can figure is that these invisible boxes are simple proof that KDE4 still has some kinks to be worked out.

For some odd reason, it never occurred to me to try to play some divx files in KDE3, and I was pleased to discover that it works great in that environment. I guess maybe I'll let KDE4 take a breather for awhile, for productivities' sake.

Feel free to reply if you think you may have figured a way around the divx/KDE4 dilemma, thanks.
    Attached Files
Working...
X