This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Manager Status installed Requested no change

Hi All, I have recently installed kubuntu 7.10 for my PC. Adept seems to be operating finally with some help from you all with no more warnings. O. K.
    My problem is when I enter boinc into Adept search I get 8 choices to install. I have installed them all and requested always says no change.
    Basically Adept downloads but does not open. I think, unless I am doing something wrong?
    What do you all recommend?
    Thanks, M

Re: Adept Manager Status installed Requested no change

If it says 'installed', the packages are installed. The 'requested' column shows the requested changes to the packages (you can then 'apply' the changes you have requested)

For example, if you request removal of an installed packages, the request column shows 'remove' until you apply the changes.

Comment

Yep and therin lies the problem, Apply Changes never lights up so in fact I not able to do the final step.

Comment

I tried to "install" all 7 packages and clicked on full upgrade and when that was done ( seemingly successfully ) and then I clicked on Apply Changes the Requested column still says "no change".
        Is that the correct phrase at this point? Am I doing something wrong? If it is correct where do I open BOINC?
        If it is not correct what would my next step be?
        Thanks, M

Comment

Working...
        X