This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for Mr Shuttleworth

People are always talking about how Ubuntu lacks a viable business model. I have a great idea, assuming Mr Shuttleworth has the cash.

He should buy Trolltech!

I know people would bitch and want him to get rid of the commercial licensing... but he could do that later, and use the Trolltech cash to tide him over until a new business plan emerges

Is this even an option? Are there any flaws or drawbacks to this line of action

Re: Idea for Mr Shuttleworth

Originally posted by Progressive
    People are always talking about how Ubuntu lacks a viable business model. I have a great idea, assuming Mr Shuttleworth has the cash.

He should buy Trolltech!

I know people would bitch and want him to get rid of the commercial licensing... but he could do that later, and use the Trolltech cash to tide him over until a new business plan emerges

Is this even an option? Are there any flaws or drawbacks to this line of action
    Ubuntu is to be completely free of charge, as in, there will be no "Professional" or "Commercial" versions. The actual quote is:

Ubuntu will always be free of charge, and there is no extra fee for the "enterprise edition", we make our very best work available to everyone on the same Free terms
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Working...
    X