This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fresh install kubuntu 7.10 volume control wacked

Thought I had this answered in a previous post, but can't find it. Anyway, just did a fresh install of kubuntu 7.10. All is well. However, my logitech keyboard, with a dial for varying sound seems to only change sound from 0% to 11% (as far as the on screen dialog box is concerned). In reality, it doesn't actually change the sound volume at all.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Re: fresh install kubuntu 7.10 volume control wacked

I had the same problem. Apparently kmilo tries to change the "volume" setting on my sound card, but I only have a PCM/Front. I fixed the issue in the following way:

by removing the package "kmilo". Then, open kmix, right click on the slider you want the keys to control (PCM/Front/etc), next choose configure global shortcuts, and finally set up the volume keys to adjust the sound level.

Comment

I looked for kmilo in add remove programs and couldn't find it. I also ran the following in terminal to see if there is a process named kmilo running, and it seems there isn't.
      Code:
      ps aux | grep kmilo
      returns no process.

Am I misunderstanding what you are suggesting?

Comment

Code:
        sudo apt-get remove kmilo
        It is one of the packages that comes with Kubuntu 7.10. So, unless you already removed it, it should be present on your system.
        This is related to launchpad bug: 118723 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ls/+bug/118723
        It looks like there are a couple other fixes and work arounds in the discussion for that bug.

Comment

Working...
        X