This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedding a Konsole into the Desktop

I want to put a Konsole into the background of my desktop. The questions is how do i do that? I tried looking throught the forum but could not find anything.
    Proud to be Kubuntu user # 17587

Re: Embedding a Konsole into the Desktop

Not sure I understand what you are wanting to accomplish. Can you elaborate?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Not sure I understand what you are wanting to accomplish. Can you elaborate?
      What i want to accomplish is this: I want a terminal embedded into the background of my desktop if that makes sence.

Comment

Have you checked out yakuake? It's probably not exactly what you mean, but I've found it to be a very nice terminal app

Comment

I don't know the full answer but I reckon that doing the following is a necessary first step:
          kmenu>system settings>desktop>behaivour>tick the 'allow programs in desktop window' box

Btw, what about a superkaramba command line widget? Don't know if one exists but if it does you could probably get the same sort of effect.

Comment

I realy don't want to use superkaramba. In most screen shots of peoples desktops the terminal is in the background of the desktop. i think that is cool looking and wants its.

Comment

not sure you can quite do this with Konsole,but you can sure do it with a different terminal emulator. Eterm works well for this as you can easily specify borders/scrollbars/size/position http://screamingelectron.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208 and http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion...hp/t11984.html
              are 2 links I found quickly on the commands to use and some explanations so you can tweak th colors and positions to your liking

Comment

Originally posted by timberwolf753
                In most screen shots of peoples desktops the terminal is in the background of the desktop. i think that is cool looking and wants its.
                Are you possibly referring to a transparent terminal on the desktop that you can see the desktop background through?
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I want to put a Konsole into the background of my desktop.
                  Putting konsole in the background:

1) Start konsole
                  2) Maximise
                  3) Right click border > Advanced > Keep Below Others, No Border (Alt +F3)
                  4) Right click tab bar: Tab Bar > Hide

Another option is to use xterm:

man xterm:
                  XTERM(1) XTERM(1)

NAME
                  xterm - terminal emulator for X

SYNOPSIS
                  xterm [-toolkitoption ...] [-option ...] [shell]

DESCRIPTION
                  The xterm program is a terminal emulator for the X Window System. It
                  provides DEC VT102/VT220 (VTxxx) and Tektronix 4014 compatible termi‐
                  nals for programs that cannot use the window system directly. If the
                  underlying operating system supports terminal resizing capabilities
                  (for example, the SIGWINCH signal in systems derived from 4.3bsd),
                  xterm will use the facilities to notify programs running in the window
                  whenever it is resized.

Using screensaver as background:

Topic: Animated Wallpaper in Kubuntu/ KDE (use Screensaver)?
                  http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087286.0
                  Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                  1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                  2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
                  X