Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally upgrading from 6.10, but ADEPT keeps failing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally upgrading from 6.10, but ADEPT keeps failing.

EVERYBODY - I hope the cross-posting is not a problem, I'm just not sure where to best put this question.
    ================

I have an older computer, which had only 128meg of RDRAM. I finally found some additional memory at a used computer store and I've since updated to 384meg.

As you may imagine, the improvement in performance was dramatic. So now, I'd like to finally do the "automatic update" from Edgy to either Feisty or Gutsy.

When I try to auto-update through ADEPT, I consistently get the following message:

Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...86/Packages.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

I'm wondering if maybe Edgy is just not supported anymore.

I'm downloading the 7.10 "alternative install" iso as well

Does anybody know what's my best course of action from here? For that matter, is 384 meg enough for 7.10 (assuming I really don't care about the Beryl desktop)

I'll probably cross-post this to the "noob-forum" as well

Thanks in advance everybody.
    ...and so, the frog hopped away and the princess wiped the frog-slime from her lips, THE END.

Re: Finally upgrading from 6.10, but ADEPT keeps failing.

Originally posted by jonsem.phooey

EVERYBODY - I hope the cross-posting is not a problem, I'm just not sure where to best put this question.
    ================

I have an older computer, which had only 128meg of RDRAM. I finally found some additional memory at a used computer store and I've since updated to 384meg.

As you may imagine, the improvement in performance was dramatic. So now, I'd like to finally do the "automatic update" from Edgy to either Feisty or Gutsy.

When I try to auto-update through ADEPT, I consistently get the following message:

Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...86/Packages.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

I'm wondering if maybe Edgy is just not supported anymore.

I'm downloading the 7.10 "alternative install" iso as well

Does anybody know what's my best course of action from here? For that matter, is 384 meg enough for 7.10 (assuming I really don't care about the Beryl desktop)

Thanks in advance everybody.
    Okay, looks like I get past the above problem if I comment out the universe/multiverse entries from apt/sources.list

However, before I take the plunge, I'll see if there is anything on the Gutsy Gibbon install forum about just upgrading straight to 7.10 from the CD rom.
    ...and so, the frog hopped away and the princess wiped the frog-slime from her lips, THE END.

Comment

Re: Finally upgrading from 6.10, but ADEPT keeps failing.

Originally posted by jonsem.phooey

It can be, and you did. :P

Cross-posting clutters up the Forum as well as leading to potential confusion. Good Forum etiquette asks that posts be made in the appropriate area. If you want/need to post in another area, please do so, but with a different subject and question.

I posted an answer to this question in your other post.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X