This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now I Don't Know What to Do!!

Mathew, same thing happened at hardwareguys.com forum. Linux caught on very well among the hardware guys since starting the "Linux" area a couple years ago, and we have several people who are now 75%-100% Linux users (and only keep their Windows minimally for a few necessities, or run it virtual VM through Linux).

So, a fellow woodworker huh? Gosh, we are all over the place.
    I'm not too active now, only for my own needs (furniture, cabinets, and such), but once did a lot of it, hobby, then some residential, a little commercial, some artsy, a lot survival, cabinets and furniture and boxes and all the rest.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Want a real challenge get a radeon 9200 install fglrx driver and keep it running 3d lol

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
        So, a fellow woodworker huh? Gosh, we are all over the place.
        I'm not too active now, only for my own needs (furniture, cabinets, and such), but once did a lot of it, hobby, then some residential, a little commercial, some artsy, a lot survival, cabinets and furniture and boxes and all the rest.
        Glad to see the computer crowd working nicely with the power-tool crowd!

Actually, since I created a "Linux, Open-Source, and Alternative Software Discussions" area for my woodworking forum, it has been very active. I think this idea of using forums, no matter what your subject, is an effective way to get the word around.

There was an article recently in one of the Linux magazine -- something about "five ways to spread the word" or something like that. They didn't mention forums at all.

Any woodworkers in here are free to join my forum, or at least check out the Linux, Open-Source, and Alternative Software area:
        http://www.festoolownersgroup.com

Matthew

Comment

"There was an article recently in one of the Linux magazine -- something about "five ways to spread the word" or something like that. They didn't mention forums at all."

How about getting a bunch of generic flash drives on sale, putting LIVE K/Ubuntu on each of them (so you can install from the flash drive onto hard drive), and passing the flash drives around?
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Just to darn funny!

Really, if you want to break your system, there are plenty of ways to do it!

It's nice to hear a testimonial from a satisfied Linux user.
            Yep, I did that recently, and fixed it .

Comment

Working...
            X