This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycle Bin Bug

Was wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me and has fixed it or heard of a fix. Basically when I delete something it will go to the recycle bin and the icon will change to a full icon as it should. However when I clock on the icon to open the menu and click Empty Recycle Bin, this button is greyed out. Sometimes it is greyed and sometimes it is not. This seems very random, so any ideas on how to fix this. Sometimes I'll just delete a few more files and eventually it will let me click empty again. And yes I am sure that it has something in it.

Re: Recycle Bin Bug

Don't know 'why,' but I've had it happen at least twice. If you find that it simply won't reactivate the "Empty Trash Bin", you can fix it. In Konqueror, browse to:
    ~/.local/share/Trash
    There are two folders - files and info
    Click on the files folder. Press Ctrl+A to select all and right-click and choose delete.
    Do the same with the info folder.

The Trash Bin will be emptied, and the next time you put trash into it, you should have the ability to Empty Trash Bin again.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So if I delete those two folder once it should work from then on. Or delete them anytime it happens, assuming then that deleting them once will not premanently fix my problem?

Comment

You delete the contents of the folders.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks for the advise.

Comment

I have this sometimes. I just open recycle bin by rightclicking on it. Select all. Pres Shift+del: everything's gone and it works again. Far easier than opening Konqueror etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe
              I have this sometimes. I just open recycle bin by rightclicking on it. Select all. Pres Shift+del: everything's gone and it works again. Far easier than opening Konqueror etc.
              Left-click Other than that, this works a lot faster than my way. Thanks! As has already been said, in Linux, there is usually more than one way to get things done.

Comment

Yup and that's why I love it so much. Windows you have one way and if it does not work, sorry re-install lol.

Comment

Haha, yes of course left-click. I still use Windows to test my sites, still in the habit of right-click...

Comment

Working...
                  X