This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu studio

Hi, is there any kubuntu studio release or is this only for gnome ubuntu?
    I only love kde, gnome is not good for me.
    thanks.

Re: kubuntu studio

I believe there is just ubuntu studio.

However you can install kubuntu and then use adept to install the ubuntu studio package on top of this (although when I did so it managed to break my sound, so you may be better just using adept to get whichever specific ubuntu studio apps you want to install). Its not quite the same but it should do the trick.

Comment

Re: kubuntu studio

Originally posted by ilanesh
      The Ubuntu Studio people did a survey, and GNOME won by a landslide, with no room for arguing about the results.

Fortunately, there is hope for people who just can't consider running GNOME as a viable option. You can either start with Kubuntu and install various Studio packages on top of it, or start with Ubuntu Studio, and rescue it by installing the "kubuntu-desktop" and "kde" packages. My experience is a little out of date, but it shouldn't take more than subtle variation to arrive at a good unofficial Kubuntu Studio.

That's what I've been running for some time now, and it's pretty much the best of both worlds. An official Kubuntu Studio would be nicer, but that's just not likely to happen.

At least we have a viable alternative, even if it's a little on the weird side.

Comment

Kubuntu Studio

Originally posted by ilanesh View Post
        thanks.
        Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering the same thing so I thought I'd post a solution for anyone looking for an easy way to install Ubuntu Studio with Kubuntu (the KDE desktop).

This is the best solution I have found.

First install Kubuntu

Open the terminal and enter this command, then press enter (you may need to enter your password)

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

That's it! I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Ubuntu4All View Post
          Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering the same thing so I thought I'd post a solution for anyone looking for an easy way to install Ubuntu Studio with Kubuntu (the KDE desktop).

This is the best solution I have found.

First install Kubuntu

Open the terminal and enter this command, then press enter (you may need to enter your password)

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

That's it! I hope this helps
          worked for me too!

Comment

Working...
          X