This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gPC

I was a Windows user for along time and about 1-2 months ago I ditched Windows and use Kubuntu now. I seen that there is a newer PC selling at Wal-Mart called gPC I was just wondering what the dev's thoughts are about having their product being this popular?

Here is a link for the gPC

http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/005830.html

Re: gPC

I am neither a dev nor an expert, but I think it's awesome that *buntu is becoming ever more popular amongst PC manufacturers and consumers alike. I have a feeling Linux is going to become very popular, very fast (exponentially in fact as more people discover it and spread the word).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: gPC

gOS, the operating system on the gPC, while based on ubuntu has some substantial differences. For example its apparently been set up such that it centers around google apps such as google docs, calendar, blogger &c. Also it licenses propriotory codecs such as mp3 and those needed for dvds so they are included in the install. And its green.

That said more linux is always a good thing as hopefully it means more support from hard/software makers in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X