This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4 on Kubuntu

Does anyone know if Kubuntu will release a version proper of KDE 4 in December or January? Or will it be just as easy to upgrade from 7.10 through apt-get?

Re: KDE 4 on Kubuntu

Personaly, until KDE 4 shows up in the repositories, and thus, is identified as a package upgrade via Adept, I would not worry, or try, to pull it in.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok, so you think it's best to wait until a version upgrade through adept. I think it is a little strange there is no mention of what Kubuntu plan to do though. After all it's only weeks away..

Comment

As Snowhog said, when the final KDE4 appears in the repos, that will be the best time to install it. It will come in a package with your upgrades. Normally, when something like a KDE release becomes final, it appears in the repos very quickly, usually within a day or two.

I'm really looking forward to KDE4 myself, but am quite happy to wait. You get sick of trying to fix things, after a while.
        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Thanks for the heads up lads.

Comment

Yup, once the newest version is shown on Adept I will go for it.....

MepisReign
            Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Patience is the price we pay for the increase in probability of package compatibility. When we sacrifice patience, the risk is increased that we will bork our working system. Personally, I'd rather have a working system and wait for any official upgrade, than install early and end up messing up all the work I did getting what I have, working the way I want. But hey, it's a free country (here any way), so feel free to do what you want.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X