This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIBK3B issues and now no K3B

Well I had some interesting things happen since my fresh Gutsy install, Mp3 support on K3B is causing some issues, operantly libk3b2 and libk3b2-mp3 are updatable but that will lead to a broken system, and after attempting to re-install K3B not one burning software including gnome baker or K3B will install, anyone know how to get out of this issue without a fresh install, there just has to be something I'm missing.

Re: LIBK3B issues and now no K3B -- GUTSY

Actually (and this thread DOES belong under Gutsy>software) there's a bug in K3B. I made 2 coasters yesterday attempting to burn CDs. I added my report to the one I found already in existence on Launchpad -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...3b/+bug/149076

Comment

Re: LIBK3B issues and now no K3b -- MORE ABOUT K3b

OK, just had a little revelation --- a real Homer Simpson "Dohhhhhhhhh" moment.

It turns out that on my rig, if I'm running a VMWare Player session (which has the CD ROM enabled), then K3b will make coasters instead of burning CDs. The error message is something about "lacks permission to use the device" which, upon reflection, is obviously because VMWare Player has pre-empted Linux for the CD ROM drive. But it has enough permission to trash the blank media before it shuts off.

Sooooo, shut down the VMWare Player and all of a sudden K3b is fixed!

Comment

Re: LIBK3B issues and now no K3B

So, did you update your addition to the launchpad report? Don't you just love Homer! (mmmm, donuts!)
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: LIBK3B issues and now no K3B

Wellllllllllllllllllllll --- I don't see any action on that bug on Launchpad, and I don't know for a fact whether VMWare Player was running the day I first tried K3b under Gutsy, and filed the bug. I'm reluctant to pull the bug report, in consideration of the first guy, who had the same error output. I'd rather let them take a look at it (and possibly confirm I'm a Homer) than drop it and later learn there is an issue with it.

Comment

Working...
          X