This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok album covers

Just wiped everything and did a clean install of Gutsy. I realised, as with every time I reinstall, that the cover manager data from amarok had all been lost and so I had to go about getting it all again. In a preemptive effort to avoid this again next time I was just wondering where exactly Amarok stores this data so I can simply back it up with the rest of my files and then transfer it to my new install.

Re: Amarok album covers

In Your home directory.
    Code:
    .kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers
    Remember that files/directories starting with a '.' are hidden.
    99% of Linux applications store their settings somewhere in Your home directory. It is a good idea to backup it before re-installations or have the /home directory on a different partition.

Comment

Could not agree more with mulander. If you don't have a separate /home, see here

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome

Works for Kubuntu as well.

Again, you really must set up your system with a separate /home.

Or not.

It's up to you.
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Actually creating a seperate /home partition was the one of the reasons I did a clean install of gutsy rather than just updating to it.

Comment

One of the advantages of having a seperate /home partition is that, i run OpenSuSe 10.3 (KDE) and Kubuntu. Since they both read the /home partition, they share info between each other. Especially when it comes to Amarok. So it's definitely a good idea to seperate the /home partition regardless if you are using one OS or two.

Comment

Working...
          X