This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing color on unfocused window's text

I'm having a slight conundrum. You see I have a lightish blue task bar/panel thinggi and when using a different window the minimized or out of focus window's text becomes gray. This isnt a huge problem since i can normaly make out what they are but would be nice to tweak the color a bit. How do i do this?

Re: changing color on unfocused window's text

[Alt][F2] kcontrol > Appearance & Themes | Colors > Go figure 8)

Comment

No I'm not that dumb lol. I do not mean inactive window border text (which i could care less what color it is) but the text that appears on the main program bar on the buttom of your screen. When a window is innactive there the text turns gray (hard to read) and as of yet have not found a color control in the color control center that changes it.

Comment

[Alt][F2] kcontrol > Desktop | Taskbar > Inactive Task Text Color (?)

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornRider
          Sorry but there is no such thing. Taskbar just has check boxes and some pull down options.

Comment

Originally posted by jbaerbock
            there is no such thing
            Sorry I keep confusing what works on Debian and/or Mepis with what works on (K)Ubuntu.

Comment

Possibly:

[Alt][F2] kcontrol > Desktop | Appearance & Themes | Colors

Click the dropdown button under Widget Color and select Inactive Window Text then click on the color bar just below it. That opens a color panel that you can choose the color from.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There is a inactive title text but no inactive window text. And changing that only changes the window title on the window itself.

Comment

Sorry but there is no such thing. Taskbar just has check boxes and some pull down options.
                  This option is available on kde 3.5.7, I take it you're using an older version?

Comment

Nope im using whatever came with Feisty Fawn which is what I am using, fresh install from a .iso

--Just checked and I have 3.5.6 how can I upgrade safely?--

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                      [This option is available on kde 3.5.7, I take it you're using an older version?
                      Hmm. This is interesting. I too, have version 3.5.6 (when checking Help on KControl). Checked Adept for package kde. Mine is identified as not installed. But, it is a metapackage, and I am running KDE as my desktop manager. If I remember correctly, when you perform a full install from the Kubutnu Feisty Fawn LiveCD, the kde metapackage isn't used, instead, individual components are installed. That begs the question: Are there packages that the kde metapackage would install, that the LiveCD does not? How would one know?
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

--Just checked and I have 3.5.6 how can I upgrade safely?--
                        KDE 3.5.7 is not available from the official ubuntu repos (it didn't make the release freeze deadline), but as usual KDE 3.5.7 packages were made available from the 'semi-official' kubuntu.org repositories, here's how to upgrade a feisty machine:
                        http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-357.php

Originally posted by Snowhog
                        Hmm. This is interesting. I too, have version 3.5.6 (when checking Help on KControl). Checked Adept for package kde. Mine is identified as not installed. But, it is a metapackage, and I am running KDE as my desktop manager. If I remember correctly, when you perform a full install from the Kubutnu Feisty Fawn LiveCD, the kde metapackage isn't used, instead, individual components are installed. That begs the question: Are there packages that the kde metapackage would install, that the LiveCD does not? How would one know?
                        As the default installation of kubuntu is a modified version of kde (some packages added, some removed) it does not install the 'vanilla' kde metapackage...if you wish to check what 'vanilla-kde' packages are not installed, you can mark 'kde' to install (in Adept), and 'preview changes'. the 'kde' metapackage installs roughly everything (and the kitchen sink)...'kde-core' is a cut-down version...and 'kubuntu-desktop' is the metapackage for the default kubuntu/kde installation.

Comment

Thanks im upgrading immediately.

Still is no inactive windows test, only inactive window handle, and inactive title text seem to be the only ones it could be.

Comment

Still is no inactive windows test, only inactive window handle, and inactive title text seem to be the only ones it could be.
                            You're probably not looking in the right place, the correct place is:
                            (Alternatively, you can right-click on the panel > Configure Panels > Taskbar)

Also remember to restart kde after upgrading.

Comment

Yup got it thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X