Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will the shutdown bug be fixed next release ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will the shutdown bug be fixed next release ?

considering that this bug is a major one (stopping you to shutdown normally) and has been around for some time and that Ubuntu doesn't have it will the next release offer a permanent built in fix for it?

it affects me like a lot of other guys and if your new for Linux not being able to shutdown will probably get you to quit and get back to using windows

don't get me wrong i think kubuntu is doing a great job it's just that i think that a bug such as this should take priority to to most of the other things even if it affects only some of the computers and not all of them

p.s.

first post
    hi all

Re: will the shutdown bug be fixed next release ?

There is a possible workaround for it (has been working for me in the last 2 days):

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3085986.0

As for the fix in upcoming version, it's impossible to predict. This is an annoying bug, but we don't know.

Comment

if its just the loading (more like unloading in this case) bar the fix should be easy and i see no reason why it wont be fixed

anyway working around things is not what i signed on when i started using Linux, that the Microsoft why of doing things - theres a bug? if we wont admit it it's not real

will just have to wait and see - cross your fingers (yes you too fat boy eating pizza)

Comment

sorry for the double post but i was wondering if someone using the 7.10 tribe beta thingy can tell me if its been fixed there?

Comment

I'm running 7.10, updated through today, and I've not ever had a problem shutting down -- not sure what kind of systems were affected. Mine is 64-bit, on an Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU and Intel motherboard.

Comment

Working...
          X