X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions from the new guy!!

First of all i want to say hello to everyone,
    I'm a new user to Kubuntu and i say till now I'm having very good impressions from that OS. Now I'm new to Linux so until dust up this place for info about Kubuntu i want to ask some questions, maybe for some people sound like idiot ones.
    Lets start :
    1. Kubuntu uses KDE envir. so the code is based on KDE or in the Ubuntu ?
    2. Kubuntu has wine ?? I used in the past SuSE 10.1 i saw it there, i have less
    experience there also.
    3. Where i can find a usefull guide for Kubuntu, you know for not so smart ones . . . lol ??

I'll search deep in the forums post for info about Kubuntu and other info.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Some questions from the new guy!!

Hello and Welcome, Zer0cool!

1. The Linux system under Kubuntu is the same as the one under Ubuntu, it's just the "desktop environments" that are different. Here's more information about that, since you seem to speak English very well: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/whichbuntu

2. Wine works in Kubuntu, as far as I know. I tried it once, but it wouldn't run my nasty MS Visual FoxPro database, so I use VMWare Player for that now. I think a lot of people use Wine for playing games.

3. Besides the Kubuntu wiki here, there's a good general-purpose *buntu book titled "Beginning Ubuntu" that I use for a reference.

4. Also, there is a higher number of posts (including more idiotic ones :P) in the Ubuntu Forum. So, your chances of finding answers are better there, but you have to spend more time searching through the threads that don't help ....

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Hello and Welcome, Zer0cool!

1. The Linux system under Kubuntu is the same as the one under Ubuntu, it's just the "desktop environments" that are different. Here's more information about that, since you seem to speak English very well: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/whichbuntu

2. Wine works in Kubuntu, as far as I know. I tried it once, but it wouldn't run my nasty MS Visual FoxPro database, so I use VMWare Player for that now. I think a lot of people use Wine for playing games.

3. Besides the Kubuntu wiki here, there's a good general-purpose *buntu book titled "Beginning Ubuntu" that I use for a reference.

4. Also, there is a higher number of posts (including more idiotic ones :P) in the Ubuntu Forum. So, your chances of finding answers are better there, but you have to spend more time searching through the threads that don't help ....

Have fun!
      Hey dibl Thank you for the info i'll start looking RIGHT NOW. . .

Comment

You may find this handy, as well

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...21.0;topicseen
        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Originally posted by Lowey
          Well, well, well thank you, yeah it prooved to be very handy, also thank you
          Dedoimedo about his work and time spending. I'm going to have a look.

Comment

Working...
          X