This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you unistall Kubuntu 7.04?

I installed Kubuntu, but Kubuntu failed to ask me some questions ( I think it is due to Windows XP MBR which as been damaged, so I want to rebuild the MBR of XP and reinstall Kubuntu properly. Thank you

Re: How do you unistall Kubuntu 7.04?

If you had a problem during installation, like a crash, chances are you have a bad cd. If you burnt it using high speed, try doing it at 8x or 4x.
    If the problem is something else, just start installation over and, in manual partitioning, you can tell the program to format your Kubuntu partition. This will clear everything in it.

Comment

What questions did the kubuntu installer (I assume you mean this) fail to ask?

I doubt it has anything to do with the win mbr. As Nigga pointed out burning at 4x is a good idea. Conversely I would install using the alternate cd (burned at 4x) and or disable acpi at boot if you are installing on a laptop.
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: How do you unistall Kubuntu 7.04 ?

I succeeded in installing Kubuntu, but now I have to uninstall it, how do you uninstall it?
        Thank you

Comment

Well that is easy enough. Delete the kubuntu, /home/swap partitions with a Live CD.

If you are using windows use the windows cd to reinstall the windows bootloader on the mbr.
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X